Heavy Duty™ Windshields are fixed-mount windshields that use an Allen key for removal. Only National Cycle Heavy Duty windshields can fit a long legacy of older motorcycles as well as the newest cruisers.
The Low Boy Heavy Duty is the cut-down version of our Custom Heavy Duty™. It's the perfect choice for riders who sit low in the saddle or for riders that want a low profile windshield.
The width of the Low Boy Heavy Duty fits best on bikes with narrower fork tube spacing, though the Mount Kit (sold separately) allows it to fit on wide front ends as well.
All Heavy Duty Windshields feature high quality chromed steel outer hardware and glare-free black inner hardware. Best of all, their sturdy 4.0mm thick polycarbonate has National Cycle’s exclusive Quantum® hardcoating for the ultimate in scratch resistance.
To top it off, they are backed by National Cycle's exclusive 3-Year Warranty against breakage.
|Material Finish||Quantum® Hardcoated|
|Secondary Material Finish||Chromed|
|Mount Type||Heavy Duty™ Mount Kit Required|
Write Your Own Review
- Low Boy Heavy Duty for a 750 Vulcan Review by VN750 Guy
It works great! Used the associated mounting kit: P/N KIT-CJN and the thing fit right on my 750 as if it were from the Kawasaki factory. There is no need for front signal relocation, either. I love the looks, too.
I had to fabricate my own lowers since even though NC has lowers that will attach to the mounting kit, they will contact the air filters on a full turn. But my home-made lowers compliments the looks of the Low Boy and between the two of them, wind control is great! If you own a 750 Vulcan, this is a great windshield to have. If you're tall (over 6ft tall) go with the taller version screen and use the same mounting kit. I highly recommend this windshield! (Posted on 3/12/2019)
- Low Boy H-D Windshield/Excellent Product Review by Tom
- I purchased a Low Boy Heavy Duty™ Windshield last year and, after a little time installing it, I have to say that it is one of the toughest, best looking cruiser windshields on the market. Simple and durable and it looks great on a cruiser. Thanks for making a great product!!! (Posted on 1/8/2019)
- Heavy Duty™ Windshield Review by Satisfied Customer, Churchville, VA
While riding to work on my 1996 Kawasaki® Vulcan 750, I was hit in the windshield by a 165-pound deer. It had been hit by an oncoming SUV and thrown airborne into my lane. It was high enough to clear the bike headlight, so my National Cycle Heavy Duty™ windshield took the entire force of the impact. The windshield flexed but did not break, and sent the body of the deer flying over my head. The impact pushed my handlebars down three inches and broke the left mirror but kept the deer off me. I maintained control and didn't even lay the bike down!
After stopping the bike and collecting my thoughts, I rode back home and ordered an exact replacement for the Heavy Duty. I immediately mounted it on the bike, along with a new set of mirrors. When you find something this good, I think you'd better stay with it! (Posted on 10/27/2014)
- Heavy Duty™ Windshield Review by Jim, California
- I ordered a Ranger Heavy Duty™ for my Honda® VT750 Shadow A.C.E. I got it and installed it -- nice product. It was money well spent, for a change. (Posted on 10/27/2014)
- Heavy Duty™ Windshield Review by Ted, Pennsylvania
- Just wanted to let you know that I installed your Touring Heavy Duty™ on my Honda® Shadow yesterday, and it is great. Installation was a breeze and the adjustments to fine tune the install worked out well. Thanks for a great product! (Posted on 10/27/2014)
- Heavy Duty™ Windshield Review by Jeff, Florida
I own a Honda® Valkyrie with one of your Heavy Duty™ Windshields. I was traveling across the Howard Franklin Bridge in Tampa, Florida when a vehicle directly in front of me had a ball peen hammer fall from it and hit the pavement ahead of me. I had absolutely no time to execute any sort of evasive action. The hammer bounced up and hit my windshield dead center just above the crossbar at around 75mph. Thanks to the durability of that shield, myself and my passenger were unhurt! The shield absorbed the impact and deflected the hammer away.
A further testament to the durability of your product is that, upon later inspection, the windshield had sustained no damage, not even a scratch! This was a $200 product that in all likelihood saved my life and the life of my passenger.
I assure you that in any future windshield purchases, I will accept nothing but a National Cycle windshield. A tremendous thanks to your company and to your design and manufacturing people... I owe them my life! (Posted on 10/27/2014)