Heavy Duty™ Windshields are fixed-mount windshields that use an allen key for removal. Only National Cycle Heavy Duty windshields can fit a long legacy of older motorcycles as well as the newest cruisers.
The Ranger Heavy Duty™ cuts the sleek and slim profile to its absolute limit for the rider who wants the traditional look in a small windshield. The Ranger looks great on performance-oriented and drag-styled cruisers.
The width of the Ranger Heavy Duty fits best on bikes with narrower fork tube spacing, though the Mount Kit (sold separately) allows it to fit on wide front ends as well.
All Heavy Duty Windshields feature high quality chromed steel outer hardware and glare-free black inner hardware. Best of all, their sturdy 4.0mm thick polycarbonate has National Cycle’s exclusive Quantum® hardcoating for the ultimate in scratch resistance.
To top it off, they are backed by National Cycle's exclusive 3-Year Warranty against breakage.
|Material Finish||Quantum® Hardcoated|
|Secondary Material Finish||Chromed|
|Mount Type||Heavy Duty™ Mount Kit Required|
Write Your Own Review
- Fits 2017 Suzuki S40 Review by Pat
- For N2290 Heavy Duty™ Ranger and KIT-CJO mounts. Great service from National Cycle and the parts were all there. Installation could use three hands but I managed to do it alone in an hour... after doing it the hard way for a while. If I had to do it again, it should take half that time. Did not need all the rubber gasket material on the fork clamps but did use one piece on each clamp for the holding power. Mounted clamps as high on the forks as possible and had to tighten just to get the clamp together enough for the shield mounting bolts to reach through. You will see what I mean. Shield and mounting is very secure, the shield itself is adjustable up and down to 3" or so, and if you need to, the fork clamps can be mounted lower. The whole thing is highest quality and looks great on the bike. Use KIT-CJO mounting kit. (Posted on 7/10/2019)
- Perfect for Sportster Review by CJ
- Just installed the N2290 Ranger with the Heavy Duty mount kit (which is all chrome and looks great with the NC logos). I bought this for winter riding. The windshield is just right for a Sportster, blocks the wind from my chest, but does not overpower the look of the bike and is easy to look over. Satisfied Customer. (Posted on 11/17/2018)
- Heavy Duty™ Windshield Review by Jim, California
- I ordered a Ranger Heavy Duty™ for my Honda® VT750 Shadow A.C.E. I got it and installed it -- nice product. It was money well spent, for a change. (Posted on 10/27/2014)
- Heavy Duty™ Windshield Review by Ted, Pennsylvania
- Just wanted to let you know that I installed your Touring Heavy Duty™ on my Honda® Shadow yesterday, and it is great. Installation was a breeze and the adjustments to fine tune the install worked out well. Thanks for a great product! (Posted on 10/27/2014)
- Heavy Duty™ Windshield Review by Jeff, Florida
I own a Honda® Valkyrie with one of your Heavy Duty™ Windshields. I was traveling across the Howard Franklin Bridge in Tampa, Florida when a vehicle directly in front of me had a ball peen hammer fall from it and hit the pavement ahead of me. I had absolutely no time to execute any sort of evasive action. The hammer bounced up and hit my windshield dead center just above the crossbar at around 75mph. Thanks to the durability of that shield, myself and my passenger were unhurt! The shield absorbed the impact and deflected the hammer away.
A further testament to the durability of your product is that, upon later inspection, the windshield had sustained no damage, not even a scratch! This was a $200 product that in all likelihood saved my life and the life of my passenger.
I assure you that in any future windshield purchases, I will accept nothing but a National Cycle windshield. A tremendous thanks to your company and to your design and manufacturing people... I owe them my life! (Posted on 10/27/2014)
- Heavy Duty™ Windshield Review by Satisfied Customer, Churchville, VA
While riding to work on my 1996 Kawasaki® Vulcan 750, I was hit in the windshield by a 165-pound deer. It had been hit by an oncoming SUV and thrown airborne into my lane. It was high enough to clear the bike headlight, so my National Cycle Heavy Duty™ windshield took the entire force of the impact. The windshield flexed but did not break, and sent the body of the deer flying over my head. The impact pushed my handlebars down three inches and broke the left mirror but kept the deer off me. I maintained control and didn't even lay the bike down!
After stopping the bike and collecting my thoughts, I rode back home and ordered an exact replacement for the Heavy Duty. I immediately mounted it on the bike, along with a new set of mirrors. When you find something this good, I think you'd better stay with it! (Posted on 10/27/2014)