ZTechnik's VStream® Windscreen, 2.0" taller than stock, will be the most versatile and appreciated wind management accessory you will ever purchase. It's so quiet that even your passenger will be able to hear the stereo. Every rider who has taken the Z2402 for a test ride comes back and makes the switch – to VStream!
Don't let the value price tag fool you – this is the finest windscreen you will find worldwide for your R1200RT.
State-of-the-art Quantum® hardcoated Polycarbonate gives VStream windscreens outstanding clarity and strength characteristics unmatched by any windscreen maker worldwide.
This exclusive combination of Quantum and polycarbonate is 30X more resistant to abrasion than acrylic materials, has better UV life, chemical resistance, and optical definition, and has superior crack and impact resistance.
Covered by ZTechnik's 3-Year Warranty against breakage!
ZTechnik® by National Cycle:
Accessories Exclusively for BMW® Motorcycles.
|Material Finish||Quantum® Hardcoated|
|Secondary Material Finish||N/A|
|Mount Type||Stock Mount Points|
Write Your Own Review
- One of the best investments I've made. Review by Fat Bob
- The difference in wind noise was astonishing. Fits right on my 2013 R1200RT, installation took only minutes. Wish I'd bought it sooner. (Posted on 7/10/2019)
- Works well, but wish I'd taken the taller one Review by Arnold
- Bought to replace a too tall and narrow touring screen, the VStream does a great job at deflecting wind from the arms and shoulders. But I'm 6'1 and I get some buffeting on the helmet that wasn't there before. I guess I should have taken the Z2403 which is a bit taller. (Posted on 2/19/2019)
- Well done! Review by Ed
Purchased for my 2006 RT. The fit was perfect, it took only a few moments to install. The optical clarity is excellent; much clearer and brighter than stock.
My first ride was a 25-mile round trip with a half helmet, no goggles. I did this to see if the wind buffeting was as advertised. I'm 6'2" tall, mostly in the torso. No wind in the face when raised to 3/4 height!
I was amazed at how quiet this w/s is over stock! I only needed a slight raise to block any wind from my face, and of course my shoulders were no longer getting wind either. At 90 mph, I passed a truck on the interstate and found I experienced less turbulence overall. I was concerned that the aero effect I liked so much on the RT might be reduced; happy to say that is not the case! Very slippery!
As a former LT owner, I was spoiled by the overall w/s coverage the RT lacked in stock dress. This is a welcome addition and I'm very happy I made the purchase. I'm amazed to actually hear the engine clearly now!
When I ride, I normally use a full face modular helmet. I expect that I will need only a slight lift of the screen for comfort and noise reduction, just like in the sales video. Because of the extra width, there is a slight handling difference at speed, but it seemed more stable! I'm glad I did not go larger or wider.
So, I give this W/S a high 9+ out of ten! I ride every day. Have not ridden in rain yet, but I'm sure it will be much improved!
Highly recommended! (Posted on 5/5/2017)
- VStream® Review by Erwin R., Belgium
- Yesterday I bought your VStream® Windscreen for my R1200RT. Today I had a test drive. This is what I needed. The ride was so much more relaxing and fun. Thanks! (Posted on 1/20/2015)
- VStream® Review by Mike F., Bedford, IN
- It's clear that your VStream® R1200RT Windscreen is well thought out and fabricated. No issues with the installation and it meets all my expectations. Been on long and short rides. I'm pleased with the operation, and the extra height and width provide a better comfort envelope during the ride than the stock screen. While I normally wear ear plugs under my helmet, it is also nice to be able to remove much of the wind noise by raising the screen higher. I've even had a chance to brag on it to several other RT riders who are looking at options for their own machines. (Posted on 1/20/2015)
Height: 26.00" (66.0cm)
Width: 24.75" (62.9cm)
Measured vertically from the bottom center edge to the top of the screen, and horizontally across the back at the widest point.