ZTechnik's Stainless Steel Engine Guards are carefully designed to allow clearance for oil changes and valve cover access, so they never need to be removed. Guards attach to the motor mounts – not the engine cases – to protect the cylinder heads and not destroy them.
Integrated top brackets on each guard allow the rider to mount accessory lights, video cameras, or whatever they can imagine!
Note: Not compatible with ZTechnik Exhausts or any aftermarket exhaust headers, as they will not allow for installation of O2 sensor.
ZTechnik® by National Cycle:
Accessories Exclusively for BMW® Motorcycles.
Write Your Own Review
- Outstanding! Review by Jeff H
- Looks great and I think they will protect the cylinders well. Added these shortly after I got my bike. Shipped promptly, installed quickly and easily - about 30 minutes in a parking lot with only the tools I carry in my tool kit. One piece of advice -- regularly check the inserts/endcaps, as one of mine vibrated out and disappeared after about 5,000 miles. (Posted on 8/1/2018)
- Nice but not simple. Review by Mogan
- Guards appear to be well made and should protect cylinders in the event of a crash, however installation is not easy. If you don't have experience in wrenching your bike and a wide variety of tools, I'd suggest having a shop install them. (Posted on 3/1/2018)
- ZTechnik® Engine Guards Review by Jeff S., Alberta, Canada
- I purchased your ZTechnik® Engine Guards because of the way they look as well as their capability for mounting driving lights to the built-in mounts. They were incredibly easy to install. All the mounting holes lined up perfectly, and the fit and finish was excellent. (Posted on 1/20/2015)