VStream® revolutionizes windscreen performance! The advanced "V" shape and dimensional contours push the wind vortex out and away from the rider's helmet, resulting in a peaceful, quiet environment This improvement is notable for the passenger as well.
ZTechnik's VStream® Windscreens for the BMW R1200GS/LC come in three sizes. The Z2485 Dark Tint and Z2486 Clear Sport screens are reshaped in VStream's distinctive contour but similar in height to the OEM windscreen. The Z2487 Touring VStream is wider and taller than stock for superb touring performance. The Z2488 Touring Deluxe is for maximum wind protection for the serious long distance rider.
Tough FMR coated polycarbonate gives these VStream windscreens outstanding clarity and strength characteristics unmatched by any windscreen maker worldwide. They are 3X more resistant to abrasion than acrylic materials, and have 20X greater crack and impact resistance.
Covered by ZTechnik's 3-Year Warranty against breakage!
ZTechnik® by National Cycle:
Accessories Exclusively for BMW® Motorcycles.
|Material Finish||FMR Hardcoated|
|Secondary Material Finish||N/A|
|Mount Type||Stock Mount Points|
Write Your Own Review
- Great for my application. Review by WeirGS
- Nice high quality product. For me, the windshield works beautifully, resulting in no wind noise or buffeting. I'm 6'4" and ride with my seat in the high position on the GS. With the shield even in the lowest position, the wind goes over my head with none in my face or neck, but I still look over the shield. (Posted on 9/3/2017)
- 2016 R1200GS is quiet now. Review by Brad
- I love my new R1200GS but the wind noise was very bad with the shield in its lowest position. In the highest position, the wind noise was better but the windshield would vibrate in the wind, shaking the whole bike. I bought the touring VStream Z2487 and the Z5220 Windscreen Stabilizer Kit and I couldn't be happier! I'm 5'10" and use this screen in its lowest setting. (Posted on 4/18/2017)
- Does what it says on the box Review by Corrie
- The stock BMW screen was one of the best OEM screens I experienced to date with no buffeting at all. It lacked a little in height though, leading to a little wind noise at high speeds. I have a VStream screen on my 2003 Goldwing and love it - hence the purchase of one for my GS. I installed it today and rode a short distance at speed to test it. I can now ride without ear plugs and at 160kph have no buffeting. So nice to buy something that does what it says on the box. (Posted on 8/24/2016)
- VStream® Review by Ron Y., Rochester Hills, MI
I just wanted to let you know that I have just over 1200 miles on my R1200GS with the new VStream® Windscreen, and absolutely love how well it works. This is the windshield that BMW should be selling with this motorcycle!
The new windshield fits perfectly and was very easy to install. The optics are perfect and I really like the Quantum® hardcoating that eliminates the scratches. (Posted on 1/20/2015)
- VStream® Review by Jeff B.
- I just finished installing the new VStream® Windscreen on my new R1200GS and went for a test ride around town. In a word, it is awesome! Love it, great protection, looks great on the new bike. Open-face helmet at 70mph was beautiful, no wind on the lowest setting. I'm 6'0" and the screen is about 4" under eye level. Perfect. Thanks, bro! (Posted on 1/20/2015)
Height: 19.50" (49.5cm)
Width: 15.25" (38.7cm)
Measured vertically from the bottom center edge to the top of the screen, and horizontally across the back at the widest point.