ZTechnik's Stainless Steel Engine Guards will never rust like powdercoated steel guards. They are carefully designed to allow clearance for oil changes and valve cover access, so they never need to be removed. Guards attach to the motor mounts – not the engine cases – to protect the cylinder heads and not destroy them.
Integrated top brackets on each guard allow the rider to mount accessory lights, video cameras, or whatever they can imagine!
Note: Not compatible with ZTechnik Exhausts or any aftermarket exhaust headers, as they will not allow for installation of O2 sensor.
ZTechnik® by National Cycle:
Accessories Exclusively for BMW® Motorcycles.
Write Your Own Review
- Outstanding! Review by Jeff H
- Looks great and I think they will protect the cylinders well. Added these shortly after I got my bike. Shipped promptly, installed quickly and easily - about 30 minutes in a parking lot with only the tools I carry in my tool kit. One piece of advice -- regularly check the inserts/endcaps, as one of mine vibrated out and disappeared after about 5,000 miles. (Posted on 8/1/2018)
- Nice but not simple. Review by Mogan
- Guards appear to be well made and should protect cylinders in the event of a crash, however installation is not easy. If you don't have experience in wrenching your bike and a wide variety of tools, I'd suggest having a shop install them. (Posted on 3/1/2018)
- ZTechnik® Engine Guards Review by Jeff S., Alberta, Canada
- I purchased your ZTechnik® Engine Guards because of the way they look as well as their capability for mounting driving lights to the built-in mounts. They were incredibly easy to install. All the mounting holes lined up perfectly, and the fit and finish was excellent. (Posted on 1/20/2015)